I < 3 Calligraphy

Edmands Calligraphy 4Edmands Calligraphy 2Edmands Calligraphy 3Edmands Calligraphy

Oh dear, do I love me some calligraphy. According to Wikipedia {yes, I know, It's widely considered an inaccurate place for information, but I like it, and I learn a lot of fun facts from there...}, calligraphy is considered more an artform, than an actual writing style. It makes sense- just about every calligrapher I know has several 'styles' in their goody-bag of artwork. Letterpress, on the same hand, is now also considered an art form, more than an actual style of printing, and for that, I think the two are paired together well. {Actually, if we're being honest with each other, letterpress is still very much more considered a style of printing AND an art form with the recent resurange of what I like to call 'box breakers,' those that push the limits of the style and create some really artistically beautiful and different items. Check out this book for what I'm talking about: The Little Book of Letterpress. It's a whole book dedicated 'box breakers.'}

I've been working quite a bit with Grace Edmands of Grace Edmands Calligraphy and have fallen in love not just with her work {which... lets be real, is beautiful!}, but her as well. She is one of the sweetest vendors I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, and pumps out her masterpeices in record time. I've collaborated on 2 wedding suites thus far, and I know it won't end there!

Katie had reached out to me many months ago {uhh, yeah....I'm trying to catch myself back up to speed with all of these posts...} to help create her classic & simple wedding invitations. With the help of Grace, we were able to utilize a classic serif font with some very artistically written phrases.

Everything was printed on the uber-lush 220lb Crane Lettra stock in Pearl White to give us a maximum impression.

Allow me an aside quickly; Crane Lettra comes in 3 very beautiful, and very different colors: Ecru for the nature lover in you, Pearl White for classic part of life, and Bright White for the rising rebel. All of the colors are quite popular {being that there is only 3, it would make sense...} but I've definitely noticed a seasonal pattern with each one. Right now, the color is Pearl White- and everyone seems to chose that one. Trending towards the end of the summer, most folks were selecting Ecru, and I've often noticed that around the holidays and early spring, folks are looking for the bright white to help put a pep into their step. All very interesting if you ask me, and I try to stock my paper in the studio accordingly. Pheww, okay, business statistics over, back to the beautiful paper.

Katie also decided on a post card response card- if brides are out there looking to save some dough on their wedding invitation postage, consider a post card! Ultimately, I letterpress printed the one side, and Katie had screen printed some fun florals and text on the other side to help keep the budget in order. We added a fun frame for her to put a stamp inside, and I can't be more thrilled with the results!

I have a few other projects in the works that I've been working on with the help of Grace's handiwork, and you readers are going to be WOWed by the results. Seriously, I'm drooling over these and I haven't even ordered plates yet.

xoxo-Liz

ps: I know it's VERY late, but I have a slew of fun Halloween things to show you all! I'm working on the press most of today and into tomorrow {we had a little bit of a temper tantrum last night, didn't we Mr. Gable?!}, but I'll be back up and running by tomorrow evening to show you the results. All the gooey, drippy, gruesome goodies will be available for free 2-day shipping via the Etsy shop before the week is out.

0 comments:

 

Graphic Design by erilouboston :: Blog Design by emilyjune